View Larger Map
How to get to Twin Bridges, Montana
At fly fishing shows, after people ask “What’s Montana Time?” they want to know “Where is Twin Bridges?”. Located in the Ruby Valley, at an elevation of 4,623 ft, Twin Bridges is a small city in southwest Montana, with a population of just over 400. The area around Twin Bridges is rich in history and western lore. The town sits alongside Montana Highway 41, about 50 miles south of Butte and 26 miles north of Dillon. Twin Bridges is where the Ruby and Big Hole rivers surge together with the Beaverhead River to form the Jefferson River. Now you can see why this is the place to come for your Montana fly fishing destination.
Travelling on east/west on I- 90, follow these directions:
- Take the MT-55 exit- EXIT 249- toward MT-69 / WHITEHALL
- Turn LEFT onto MT-55 / N WHITEHALL ST / WHITETAIL RD. Continue to follow MT-55 / N WHITEHALL ST.
- Turn RIGHT onto W LEGION AVE / MT-2 / MT-55 / MT-69. Continue to follow MT-2 / MT-55 / MT-69.
- Turn LEFT onto MT-55 and continue for 12 miles.
- MT-55 becomes MT-41 / MT-287. Continue for 14 miles.
- Turn LEFT onto E 5TH AVE.
- Turn RIGHT onto N MADISON ST.
- Welcome to Twin Bridges
Twin Bridges is about 80 miles from the Bozeman Airport, and about 50 miles from Butte. If you are considering flying to Montana (many of our guests do), the following major US domestic airlines serve Bozeman and Butte:
- United Airlines/United Express (1-800-864-8331)
- Northwest Airlines (1-800-225-2525)
- Delta Airlines ( 800-221-1212)
- Alaska Airlines (1-800-252-7522)
- Horizon Air (1-800-547-9308)
- Big Sky Airlines (1-800-237-7788)
Skywest Airlines also serves Bozeman, and reservations are handled through United Airlines ticketing.